Born 1932 on the Island of Reichenau, Lake Constance, Germany. Training as typo-grapher in Germany and in Switzerland. Studies in graphic design from 1954 to 1958. 1960 emigration to USA. Working as a freelance designer in New York and San Francisco. 1963 return to Europe. Settling in Munich. 1966 start of “Design M”. First lamp: Bulb. Several design awards. Lamps in collections of different museums. Bulb, Gulp (1969), Light Structure (1970 as co-designer), Little Black Nothing and YaYaHo (1988), Los Minimalos Dos, Lucellino Wall, Wo bist Du, Edison…?, Zettel’z (1999), Porca Miseria! (2003) are included in the Design Collection of The Museum of Modern Art, New York.